Benefits of nitrogen...
- Better tire pressure retention – nitrogen migrates through a tire 3 to 4 times slower than oxygen. It may take 6 months to lose 2 psi with nitrogen compared to less than a month with oxygen.
- Improved fuel economy – a result of having the proper air pressure which lessens the rolling resistance. Under-inflated tires have a greater rolling resistance.
- Cooler running tires – tires inflated with nitrogen run cooler than tires inflated with regular air.
- Removal of oxidation – oxygen is a highly reactive element at high temperatures and pressures. Replacing the oxygen with nitrogen helps eliminate the oxidation that damages inner liners and belt packages.
- Improved retreadability – eliminating oxidation also improves the retreadability due to more flexibility in the tire casing. Less tire aging and tire cord rust could very well increase the number of retreadable casings and also increase the number of times a casing can be retreaded.
- Elimination of rim rust – since nitrogen is completely dry, condensation is eliminated which in turn eliminates rim rust.
- On-the-road reliability – tire failures can be significantly reduced which reduces down time and costly service calls.
Oxygen vs Nitrogen Comparison
|Dry and Clean||Oily and wet|
|Remains stable at any temperature||Highly reactive element at high temperatures/ pressures|
|Eliminates condensation which prevents rim rust||Creates moisture in the rim leading to rim rust|
|Slows migration to only 2psi loss over 6 months||Fast migration, 2psi is lost each month|
Visit GetNitrogen.org for more information.